ant-user mailing list archives

From "Schaefer, Don" <don_schae...@xelus.com>
Subject RE: Why does <PathConvert> required targetos?
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 03:31:13 GMT
Hi Rich,

I don't know about it being required but it certainly is a good option.
When we are building different targets that are os dependent it is helpful
to not be compelled into a flavor.

But it would seem natural to have the architecture that you are running on
be the default.

later,
don.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Steele [mailto:rsteele@paychex.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 12:51 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Why does <PathConvert> required targetos?

I'm using the PathConvert task in several places to convert paths into
properties.  Why does this task require the targetos attribute?  Is
there any way to make it use the current architecture as the default?

The docs say that targetos is "a shorthand mechanism for specifying both
pathsep and dirsep according to the specified target architecture."  If
you look at pathsep and dirsep, they have default values of
File.separator and File.pathSeparator, respectively.  These seem like
decent defaults to me, but I can't take advantage of them because the
task complains if I don't set targetos.

Rich