ant-user mailing list archives

From "MARZIOU,GAEL (HP-France,ex1)" <gael_marz...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Perforce tasks
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:53:01 GMT
Thanks for your fast answer.

I'll make patches but I don't want to go into long discussions about
unmutable properties, so if it takes too long I will keep my custom task.

You're right that P4 counters are rather "powerful", so as you did I also
looked at the p4 edit/submit alternative but then I have to complexify
cruise control setup for continuous integration to make it ignore changes to
version files.

Thanks for your javascript example, however I try to limit the number of
programming languages required for our projects.

So, below is an alternative that uses a temporary property file.

<target name="counter" description="Increment a Perforce counter">
   <!-- get counter value from Perforce -->
   <p4counter name="${framework.counter}" property="counter" />
   <echo message="${counter} from P4"/>

   <!-- use property file to increment counter -->
   <delete file="counter.properties" quiet="yes"/>
   <propertyfile file="counter.properties">
	<entry key="buildNumber" type="int" value="${counter}"/>
   </propertyfile>
   <propertyfile file="counter.properties">
	<entry key="buildNumber" type="int" operation="+" value="1"/>
   </propertyfile>
   <property file="./counter.properties"/>
   <delete file="counter.properties" quiet="yes"/>

   <!-- update counter value in Perforce -->
   <p4counter name="${framework.counter}" value="${buildNumber}" />

   <!-- get counter value from Perforce -->
   <p4counter name="${framework.counter}" property="counter" />
   <echo message="${counter} from P4"/>

</target>

Best regards,

Gael