ant-user mailing list archives

From Tim Sheridan <tsheri...@intersectsoft.com>
Subject JavaDoc Bombs Prompting For More Memory
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:49:31 GMT
With ANT 1.5Beta2 running on NT, I am trying to generate docs with the
Javadoc task that involves hundreds of packages. About 2/3 the way through
the generation, ANT stops entirely, politely prompting me for more memory:

  [javadoc] javadoc: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Please increase memory.
  [javadoc] 1 error
  [javadoc] For example, on the Sun Classic or HotSpot VMs, add the option
-J-Xmx
  [javadoc] such as -J-Xmx32m.

After many different attempts using ANT_OPTS, I couldn't get more memory to
the VM.

Can anyone offer options or alternatives or point to some documentation I
could look at?

Thanks,
Tim Sheridan