ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Leo <>
Subject Using "-projecthelp" in a target
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:11:09 GMT

I searched the archive, but no joy.

For years I have had a practice of making my default
target (in both Ant and make) be a "help file".

So when someone comes to a directory and sees a build.xml
file or a Makefile, they type "ant" or "make" and get a
"help listing" like this:

     Build file for project CoolNess

     Available targets are:

        help    - what you are reading now

        build   - compile and link the CoolNess source

        test    - run the CoolNess regression tests

        release - release this version of CoolNess

        clean   - remove non-source files from the CoolNess tree

It occurred to me that

   ant -projecthelp

does essentially this.  So I wanted to make the default target
in my build.xml file execute "ant -projecthelp", but I cannot
seem to figure out how to do it.

Any ideas?

Michael Leo          Java, Oracle
Caribou Lake Software  Ingres, JDBC

JSockets/JMobility: Tunnelling sockets over HTTP - REALLY!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message