ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Task.init() called twice ?
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 05:18:40 GMT
Matt Koss wrote:
> Thank you for your answer.
> I have seen the life-cycle, but I wasn't sure what does the "parser-time" mean
> exactly and how many instances get created.

At a high level, Ant processes a build in two stages. "Parse-Time" is
when the XML is parsed and the tasks needed are created. "Run-Time" is
when all the tasks get executed. A lot more things happen under the
covers to complicate this picture but from the task point of view this
is a reasonable picture.

Each occurence of your task in the XML, i.e. every <task>, will create a
separate instance of you task class if it is executed.

Conor