ant-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Trunikov <...@quasarlabs.com>
Subject strange behaviour
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:50:56 GMT
    Hi ALL!
I revealed strange ant's behaviour (it is only my opinion :). Suppose
there is following build.xml:

<project default="all">
    <target name="all" depends="task1" if="not_defined_property">
        <echo message="In task - all."/>
    </target>
    <target name="task1">
        <echo message="In task - task1."/>
    </target>
</project>

I ascertained that task "task1" will be done in any way, just if
paroperty "not_defined_property" didn't defined (i.e. attribute "if" is
resolving  _after_  resolving "depends"). I think that this behaviour is
not right and depended task have to be done only when attribute "if" is
true. What do people think about this situation?

Thanks.