ant-user mailing list archives

From Richard Trahan <rtra...@monmouth.com>
Subject does java fork work?
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 23:06:23 GMT
I can't seem to get fork to work. My target is:

  <target name="run" depends="compile">
  <!-- fork allows class to call System.exit without killing ant -->
    <java classname="${qualclass}" fork="yes" classpath="${class}">
      <jvmarg value="-ea"/>
    </java>
  </target>

The target runs, but only one jvm seems to be running, also
evidenced by the fact the emacs, from which Ant is invoked, becomes
unresponsive while the task is running, and becomes active again
when the task calls System.exit.

P.S. I saw in this group the value "true" for fork, instead of "yes".
The manual says the default is "no", so I assume the opposite is
"yes". I tried "true" anyway, with the same results.

I'm running on Windoze 98, Hot Spot 1.4.0.