ant-user mailing list archives

From Richard Trahan <rtra...@monmouth.com>
Subject java file dependencies
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 12:18:42 GMT
I'm new to ant and am having some trouble.

Ant re-compiles my Java source file every time, even though a class
file exists and the source hasn't been modified. The problem seems to
be related to package names; Ant apparently feeds destdir to the
javac -d switch, and javac in turn stores the class files in
subdirectories according the the package names. But when Ant checks
dependencies, it only looks in its destdir for the class files and,
not finding them, announces (with -verbose) that they don't exist and
proceeds to recompile.

I have read all the messages in this group's archive on compiler
dependencies, and apparently other people are having similar
problems, but I haven't read any solutions.

I'm probably missing something. Any help, please.