ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Can't find class org.apache.tools.ant.Main
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2002 14:40:40 GMT
M. T. Argent wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to install Ant 1.5 beta on a NetBSD box, which has the JDK1.1.8-elf
>
> However, when I type "ant" I get:
>
> % ant
> Can't find class org.apache.tools.ant.Main
>

> My path includes /usr/local/ant/bin:, and ANT_HOME is set to /usr/local/ant
>
> I can't see a file with anything like this name in the 1.5 set of files, but can see
a org/apache/tools/ant/Main.java in the in the 1.4 source directory. I've tried copying this
> /usr/local/ant/bin/org/apache/tools/ant/Main.java
>
> Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

I assume you have a binary distribution. You might try this from the command
line

sh -x $ANT_HOME/bin/ant

It will show you what the Ant wrapper script is doing. In particular you
should see Java being invoked with some sort of suitable classpath. Check
that this classpath includes /usr/local/ant/lib/ant.jar.

If it does then check that ant.jar is OK with this command
  jar tvf $ANT_HOME/lib/ant.jar

You should see all of the Ant classes and in particular
  17018 Fri May 31 23:22:12 EST 2002 org/apache/tools/ant/Main.class

Conor