ant-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Steele" <rste...@paychex.com>
Subject Why does <PathConvert> required targetos?
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 16:50:47 GMT

I'm using the PathConvert task in several places to convert paths into
properties.  Why does this task require the targetos attribute?  Is
there any way to make it use the current architecture as the default?

The docs say that targetos is "a shorthand mechanism for specifying both
pathsep and dirsep according to the specified target architecture."  If
you look at pathsep and dirsep, they have default values of
File.separator and File.pathSeparator, respectively.  These seem like
decent defaults to me, but I can't take advantage of them because the
task complains if I don't set targetos.

Rich