ant-user mailing list archives

From Ionel Gardais <Ionel.Gard...@geomath.fr>
Subject Applying a classpath to a executable jar file
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 08:25:52 GMT
Hi,

i'm trying to run a Java program directly from a .jar file.

The MANIFEST.MF contains the needed tag to run the main class but it
does'nt find the needed external packages.

I've tried to add a <classpath></classpath> tag inside the java tag but
it doesn't work.
I've also tried to include a Class-Path: tag in the MANIFEST.MF as
describe by Sun but java complains that the line is too long.
Finally, I'ce tried to include the needed external jars in my own jar.

It works but the file is now about 6 Mb ! Hard to download with a 56kbps
modem.

Is there a way to bypass this ?

Thanks for your help,
ionel