ant-user mailing list archives

From Ric Searle <...@dialogue.co.uk>
Subject Starting a Java application in the background.
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:20:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use ant to launch my application.  Ideally I'd like ant to
start the application in the background, and then exit.  The application
is designed to run in the background forever (it's a remote object), so
once started, ant should be able to just leave it alone.

I'm starting it with:

   <java classname="uk.dialogue.api.managers.SuperManager" fork="yes">

It runs fine, but Ant does not exit.  Any ideas?  Is this behavior by
design?  I'm using Ant 1.5B3.

Regards,

   Ric Searle
   Web Application Developer
   --
   Dialogue Communications Ltd

   http://www.dialogue.co.uk
   +44 (0) 114 221 0307

The Workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, S1 2BX, United Kingdom.