ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Delete includeEmptyDirs
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 04:16:08 GMT
--- lxjfswxuyw001@sneakemail.com wrote:
> Dixit the manual, "To remove empty directories, use the includeEmptyDirs
> attribute."
>
> Below is a task I'm running that I thought would remove the empty
> directories, as there are only classes in these build directories
>
>   <!-- Clean up class files  -->
>   <target name="clean.classes" >
>       <delete includeEmptyDirs="true" failonerror="false" >
>           <fileset dir="${build}">
>                 <include name="**/*.class"/>
>           </fileset>
>       </delete>
>   </target>
>

> but I still end up with only empty directories.
>
> Is there something I'm forgetting here?

I don't see that the code ever allowed for this -- although, certainly the
doc seems to imply it should work.

I've modified Delete.java to work this way now, but I'll need to pass it
by ant-dev to see if a) they agree it doesn't work (maybe there is
something not only you but I'm not doing right as well), b) they agree it
should work this way, and c) my coding doesn't make them run screaming
into the night :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)