ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to do CONCAT task in ANT 1.4.1
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:53:05 GMT
--- Diane Holt <holtdl@yahoo.com> wrote:
>       st = new StringTokenizer(catfiles, ",");
                                 ^^^^^^^^
Serendipity. I meant for that to be a reference to the "srcfile" var, but
since it worked when I ran it, I didn't notice it before. So I've learned
something I never knew before: You don't need to actually assign the
results of getProperty() to a var -- you can just do the getProperty() and
then refer to the property name. Ie., instead of:
  srcfile = projname.getProperty("catfiles");
  outfile = projname.getProperty("outfile");
you can just do:
  projname.getProperty("catfiles");
  projname.getProperty("outfile");

(Did everyone already know that but me? Anyone want to explain why it
works?)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)