ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5Beta3 Released
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:32:17 GMT
--- "Hal Hildebrand (web)" <Hal.Hildebrand@hellblazer.com> wrote:
> The issue is that I have build files that are designed to be called
> independently of one another, but also designed to be nested.

But why is that still a problem with beta3? You won't get that message
(unless you're running -verbose), so long as you're not in fact trying to
define a task with the same name as a task that's already been defined but
associating it with a different class. IOW, if I run your example, but
change tasks.properties to define:
  testit=test.TestTask
I never see any message about trying to override an old definition (unless
I run it -verbose -- which I think is probably actually wrong that it does
it even then, since I'm not re-defining the task, more just reiterating
its definition).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)