ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5Beta3 Released
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 04:43:18 GMT
--- "Hal Hildebrand (web)" <Hal.Hildebrand@hellblazer.com> wrote:
> In the example where I get the messages, it is where tasks are defined
> via the form
>
>    <taskdef resource="test/tasks.properties" >
>         <classpath>
>             <pathelement location="test.jar"/>
>         </classpath>
>     </taskdef>

A-ha -- okay, that's what I didn't have. It only happens if the classpath
elements are new ones -- iow, if test.jar lived in ANT_HOME/lib, you
wouldn't get them, since they'd be included in the classpath that Ant runs
with. Or you can set the CLASSPATH env var to include test.jar prior to
running 'ant', since it's also included in the classpath that Ant runs
with. Are either of those options workable workarounds? I would think the
first one could be, since it seems reasonable to put a jar file of Ant
tasks into ANT_HOME/lib (and, unlike the second option, you don't have to
worry about dealing with environment stuff).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)