ant-user mailing list archives

From Ultra Funkular <funku...@nettaxi.com>
Subject Re: Antidote
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:05:24 GMT
Erik,

Thank you for your email.

As I mentioned, comments were "currently ignored", meaning it would be a
future feature.
This feature was not of important as importing the actual executable ant
xml elements obviously.
For the record, xml comments are now imported - SAX's LexicalHandler was
utilised for this - and the gui updated to provide editing of the comment
text.   A new release will be uploaded soon.

The XML layout has been on my mind since day one.  I wondered whether
people would prefer empty lines between <target>'s, and whateher
attributes shuld be all on a single line, or listed one per line (current
implementation - better for viewing /printing the file I might add).
To this effect, I will be implementing a dialog for modifying the xml
layout as to a user's preference.

I heard about antidote only after I had finished much of the v1.0
developement on antacid back in May.
Neither I or any of my peers had ever seen or used antidote.
Since noone was aware of any GUI tool to simplify the use of ant, and
given my (then) current boredom, a peer suggested that I develop one...  :)

I don't know what features antidote has.  I've never used it.
AntAcid has features that I am seeking from my own experience of using ant
buildfiles in large projects.

In my experience, for any software to be easily used, tested and
evaluated, it should have a release package that is easily downloaded via
http.   (I only setup CVS at home for sourceforge utilisation last week).

I am always open to critism, and RFE's.  So fire them off :)

Regards,

T Master