ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Monsorno <>
Subject Re: sql-task uses system classloader
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:20:24 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <> writes:

> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Martin Monsorno <> wrote:
>> I do not know if this is a bug, but if not, there should be a BIG
>> warning in the documentation.
> Well, it is yet another manifestation of
> <>.
> A known problem with no real solution yet.

Two suggestions:

- a fork-attribute like with the java-task could make it possible to
  start a new JVM with different classpath setting

- it would be very handsome to make ant, if started with the -v
  option, not to print

      [sql] Loading using
      AntClassLoader with classpath

  but instead:

      [sql] Loading using system
      classloader with /CLASSPATH/ and
      AntClassLoader with classpath

And one more question:  Why does ant use the environment variable
CLASSPATH anyway?  It would be OK to restrict builds to define their
own classpath.  (or to make it configurable)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message