ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Another newbie question
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 01:11:22 GMT
On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:36, Jeffrey Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am another newbie using ANT. What should I do when I encounter the
> following error message? I have already set the ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME but
> still get the error.

What have you set ANT_HOME to?  It should point to the directory containing
the bin/ and lib/ subdirectories.  If you installed from a binary download,
that means you need to set ANT_HOME to $install-dir/jakarta-ant-1.4.1, where
$install-dir is the directory that you extracted the zip/tar into.

If you're not using win 95/98/Me, you don't have to set ANT_HOME, the 'ant'
script will (try to) figure it out.  So, try unsetting ANT_HOME and see how
you go.

If you are using win 95/98/Me, watch for a long ANT_HOME path.  Try installing
ant in, say, C:\ant.

--
Adam