ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Murdoch <adammurd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ?? Simple Newbie Question ??
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 00:46:11 GMT
On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:31, Tony LaPaso wrote:
> Diane,
>
> Thank you for the tip about <metainf>, it was exactly what I
> needed.
>
> Your comment about my first example, however, still leaves me
> wondering what was wrong with my original code. Here's my first
> example again:
>
> <target name="jar_ejb" depends="compile_ejb">
>    <jar jarfile="${dist_dir}/StatelessSession.jar"
>         includes="${build_dir}/"
>         update="yes">
>    </jar>
> </target>

There are 2 problems with this:

- You need to privde either a basedir attribute, or a nested <fileset>,
otherwise <jar> doesn't add anything to the jar file except a manifest (yes,
it probably should warn you that 'includes' is going to be ignored).

- The includes attribute should be a pattern, like "${build_dir}/**",
otherwise <jar> will only add ${build_dir} itself to the jar.

--
Adam