ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: FileSet and FileList limitations summary
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 04:36:57 GMT
--- wrote:
> Once I have the FileSet I want, I can convert it to a Path easily
> enough, but I can't start with a string path of absolute filenames
> (perfect for a property file) and convert it to a FileSet.

True -- but you can lop off the leading dir part, using a nested <map>
element, and gen a comma-separated list suitable for the 'includes'

P.S. FileList would do for your FileCollection, if FileList gets changed
to accept whatever list of filenames you give it without insisting on
having a common root directory (as I've mentioned a few times already, it
makes me crazy that it does). Of course, to further increase its
usefulness, a lot more tasks would need to accept a FileList.

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message