ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: parsing a task output for further processing
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:15:19 GMT
--- Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
> > if you want to go this contrived route, grab the try/catch task from
> ant-contrib.sourceforge.net and just catch the failed attempt to unload
> and keep going.

You may see it as "contrived", but I see it as a solution to the problem
as it was presented by the user (using <tclist>/<tcstop>), which uses
standard Ant tasks, and in a standard Ant way (ie., conditionally set a
property then conditionally execute a target based on that property).
While <trycatch> is a worthy task, I don't see it being needed in this
case, and offering a solution based on it also involves explaining about
ant-contrib (where to get it, how to set it up, etc.)  And while your
<get> solution (in your other follow-up) may work, it requires
inner-workings type knowledge the user may or may not have. So from my
perspective, the solution I offered is not only not "contrived", it's
actually exceedingly straightforward.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)