ant-user mailing list archives

From Ernst de Haan <>
Subject Re: Display -XXX tasks in -projecthelp result?
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:48:41 GMT
> While the special character tricks are cute, and I've thought about using
> them myself on occasion, I don't think you can rely on them.  An IDE could
> invoke a target more directly through the API and bypass the command-line
> interpretation that prevents "-target" being invoked.
> So, it works if calling only from the command-line, but I'd be willing to
> bet that it does not work through IDE's with tight integration with Ant,
> such as perhaps NetBeans.??

That sounds wise. I made sure that all non-private targets have a description.
And I also made my private targets invisible to command-line Ant by prefixing
them with a minus.

Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message