ant-user mailing list archives

From MTArg...@silverfe.demon.co.uk (M. T. Argent)
Subject Can't find class org.apache.tools.ant.Main
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2002 13:51:29 GMT

Hi

I am trying to install Ant 1.5 beta on a NetBSD box, which has the JDK1.1.8-elf

However, when I type "ant" I get:

% ant
Can't find class org.apache.tools.ant.Main

My path includes /usr/local/ant/bin:, and ANT_HOME is set to /usr/local/ant

I can't see a file with anything like this name in the 1.5 set of files, but can see a org/apache/tools/ant/Main.java
in the in the 1.4 source directory. I've tried copying this to
/usr/local/ant/bin/org/apache/tools/ant/Main.java

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance,

Mark