ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: How do I get rid of the "Compile failed..." message from Ant when the javac task reports erros?
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2002 00:15:13 GMT
--- Shorn Tolley <> wrote:
> I got halfway through doing the same kind of thing, then I realised that
> it wasn't DefaultLogger's problem.

It's not? -- that's who's printing it out, so it seems like it's its
problem to me :)

> Now my approach is that I will just make the javac task not provide a
> location with the BuildException that it throws,

Yeah, but you don't really want to do that, because if there's a booboo in
the <javac> task, like a misspelled attribute or bad nesting, etc., you do
want that sort of thing printed out.  Anyway, like I said, mine seems to
work fine for the various tests I've put it to (it's actually a very
small, simple change), so if you want to try it, you're welcome to. (I
actually prefer NoBannerLogger as my default logger, so I've made an that extends MyLogger, so if you also prefer NoBannerLogger
[and, really, who wouldn't :)] and you'd like both of them [ie., you'd use
NBLogger as your logger (set in ANT_ARGS, of course, to make like even
simpler)], let me know.)

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>