ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How do I get rid of the "Compile failed..." message from Ant when the javac task reports erros?
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2002 23:41:13 GMT
--- Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> I'm not quite sure how this change should be made - perhaps a
> command-line switch that tells Ant not to print the line number
> information or something like that?  Again, such a change would affect
> all tasks, not just <javac>.

I have it check the error string, and if it contains "Compile failed",
skip all the rest of the output; otherwise, output everything as usual.
Seems to work fine (not exhaustively tested, but hand-tested enough to
make me pretty sure it's fine). If anyone would like it, let me know.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)