ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shaw, Chris" <Chris.S...@ecb.int>
Subject RE: xslt task fatal error
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:24:28 GMT
Thanks for the reply

> Firstly, it seems that the 'style' attribute has been
> deprecated. How am I
> supposed to specify the location of the stylesheet in the xslt task?
> I have various different .xsl stylesheets all living in different
> directories, but they all are run over the same xml file.

It's not the attribute that has been deprecated it's the way to specify the
path.
Previously the way to specify it was not very intuitive and was relative to
the value set in the 'basedir' attribute (ie <style basedir=''>), now as all
tasks it is set relative to the project basedir (ie <project basedir=''/>)

..I'm sorry but I still don't quite follow. Do you mean that I can/should
still use the 'style' attribute within the xslt task?
(because all of my xslt tasks use the same xml input but **different** xslt
files)
If so, how could I stop seeing the 'deprecated error' ?

> Secondly, how do I stop the xslt task generating an output
> file? I am using
> org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect within my
> stylesheet to handle my file output.

What I usually do is to specify a temporary dummy file.
For example: ${java.io.tmpdir}/style.tmp

..well, that's what I have so far. The only good thing I can say about it is
that it works, but it's still not the cleanest way of working....I can live
with it though.

Thanks

Chris
-=-=-=

Any e-mail message from the European Central Bank (ECB) is sent in good faith but shall neither
be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by the ECB except where provided for
in a written agreement.
This e-mail is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. Any unauthorised
disclosure, use or dissemination, either in whole or in part, is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via e-mail
and delete this e-mail from your system.