ant-user mailing list archives

From josh <>
Subject Failed to initialise MIME mail (newbie warning)
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:00:06 GMT
Hi everyone!
I hope this isn't a common question - I did check the FAQ, and the
answer is ambiguous, so I'm asking here:

-Preliminaries: ant 1.52beta, jdk1.4.0, win2k

-I've got a very simple build.xml:

  <project name="nv" default="application" basedir="../">
    <target name="application">
       subject="build results"
       mailhost="[my linux box, which has an SMTP server running]"
       message="Hey there.  these here are some build results."

this, unfortunately, results in this:

      Buildfile: build.xml

                  [mail] Failed to initialise MIME mail
                  [mail] Sending email: build results
                  [mail] Failed to send email

      C:\src\nv\main\nv\scripts\build.xml:19: IO error sending mail

      Total time: 1 second

I've got both ant.jar and optional.jar in my classpath.  Turning on
-verbose doesn't seem to do anything.

Anyone have any idea what I can do to make this work?

- josh

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message