ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Kost <s.k...@webmacher.de>
Subject Re: xsl script to generate graphical representation of build.xml
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:30:39 GMT
Am Don, 2002-06-06 um 23.10 schrieb Erik Hatcher:
> Very cool, thanks Nascif.
>
> I've whipped up a simple build file to automate this:
>
> <project name="diagram" default="main">
>
>   <target name="build-dot">
>     <xslt in="build.xml"
>           style="${ant.home}/etc/ant2dot.xsl"
>           out="dotfile.dot"
>     />
>   </target>
>
>   <target name="diagram" depends="build-dot">
>     <exec executable="c:\tools\graphviz\bin\dot.exe">
>       <arg value="-Tpng"/>
>       <arg file="dotfile.dot"/>
>       <arg value="-obuild.png"/>
>     </exec>
>   </target>
>
>   <target name="main" depends="diagram"/>
> </project>
>
> Of course hard-coded paths and such need to be factored out to properties,
> but thats not high on my to-do list!  :)  I call it like this from any
> directory:
>
>     ant -f <path to this file>/diagram.xml -Dbasedir=.
>
> and it diagrams the build.xml in my current directory.
>
> I, as you can tell, put the XSL file in ANT_HOME/etc.  Do folks want this
> file in Ant's codebase and distribution? Any objections?  Stefan?
$ANT_HOME/etc is just fine, as there are already xsl files there.

About the directions of the arrows; it depends on how one reads the the
graph. I read it as : in which way are the targets executed.
The other way around would be the dependency view.

I could offer adding a parameter, which allows the user to choose the
order. I this desired ?

Stefan

>     Erik

 < W E B M A C H E R >