ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: 1.5beta2 - new problem with FTP task
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:09:49 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "ajack" <ajack@openbiz.biz>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 8:02 AM
Subject: RE: 1.5beta2 - new problem with FTP task

> I got Ant1.5b2 and then the FTP task stopped working. It failed when it
> came to a directory that already exists, because it couldn't create the
> directory (humph!). Here's an excerpt from by buildfile:
>
> I am new-ish to Ant, and happened to be using FTP for the first time with
> Ant1.5b2. As such I don't know if this is bug or intentional.
>
> Anyways I was forced to put this to get past the problem:
>
>       ignoreNoncriticalErrors="yes"

Its a regression. We put a fix in to fix something, and it looks like it
isnt backwards compatible enough without saying 'ignore minor whinings we
get from the far end'. This does need looking at, probably by me, since I
was the one who made the changes. sorry.

As to why we dont look to see if a directory exists before creating it, see
the past messages about not being able to read DOS file systems and the like
properly; always creating directories works around that.

-steve