ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: conditional redeploy (only if something is changed)
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:38:42 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <David.Ostrovsky@dvg.de>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 4:28 AM
Subject: conditional redeploy (only if something is changed)

> I would like to redeploy the WLS (in BEA case touch REDEPLOY) only if two
> condition are met:
> 1) the compilation was sucessfull.
> 2) at least one file was compiled.
>
> Simple try:
>
>    <target name="compile" depends="init">
>    <javac ...>
>    </target>
>
>    <target name="redeploy" depends="compile">
>     <exec executable="touch">
>       <arg line="${dir.application}/${app.name}/WEB-INF/REDEPLOY"/>
>     </exec>
>    </target>
>
> doesn't meet the second condition.
>
> I guess I should set some variable in compile target and then do
> conditional redeploy.
> But how can I figure out, if something was indeed compiled?
>
> Any hints?

welcome to the world of continuous updates

1. you can use <uptodate> to trigger stuff only if all the source java
files, properties and xml stuff included in the app has changed. You see, it
is often more than just java source that comprises an app.

2. cruise control does a check out and rebuild if the source in SCM has
changed, but not in the last few minutes (see cruisecontrol.sf.net).

-steve