ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: JUnitreport task differences between Ant 1.4 and Ant 1.4.1
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 22:40:42 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wesley Gamble" <w.gamble@pentasafe.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: <w.gamble@pentasafe.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 2:19 PM
Subject: JUnitreport task differences between Ant 1.4 and Ant 1.4.1

> I am having some problems getting an Ant build file which works fine on
> 1.4 to work on 1.4.1.  Within this build file is a junitreport task.  It
> builds fine under Ant 1.4, but not under Ant 1.4.1.

As is usual in these situations, can you try ant1.5beta2 to see if
helps/changes your problem.

> Under Ant 1.4.1, it throws the following error:
>
> C:\Data\Dev\Policy\commons\build.xml:42: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/xalan/xslt/XSLTInputSource

I am surprised you got this, certainly in the latest code there are meant to
be routines to catch this.

> I read several posts where people seemed to have similar problems.
>  Indeed, this class is not even in the xalan.jar that you are supposed
> to use in order to make Junitreport work.

no, but it is in Xalan1

> you get the exception shown above.  Note that I don't even have Xalan or
> Xerces JAR in my CLASSPATH - their presence doesn't change anything
> (their absence would matter if Ant ever got to trying to execute one of
> these targets).  This exception is thrown before any target processing
> is attempted.

the exception is thrown as the junit stuff is built, and at that time it
looks for xalan2, then xalan1. If you had xalan2 then you should not see it.