ant-user mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.5 b2 and JUnit
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:11:46 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Christmann" <paul@priorartisans.com>

> So I rebuilt 1.5b2 to try hacking some stuff into JUnitTestRunner to try
> and further isolate the cause -- and much to my surprise, a rebuilt
> version of optional.jar did the trick.  I noticed that both ant.jar and
> optional.jar that were built from the source distribution were different
> sizes than those provided with the binary distribution (though they
> appeared to have identical manifest files), so I am now using both jars
> built from the source distribution.
>
> Long way of saying -- everythings working fine now, but I'm concerned
> that I had to rebuild the binaries from the release source.  Is this a
> known issue?  Is it an issue, or did I install the binary improperly?

IIRC, this is not a known issue.

1.5b1 was built using JDK1.4's javac compiler.
1.5b2 was built using jikes 1.15 and JDK 1.4's rt.jar.

Which JDK are you using and on which OS?  Surprising
nobody else has reported this so far!  1.5b2 executes
Ant's test cases just fine.

I wonder if there a bug in the way jikes 1.15 handles
inner class...  Let me see if I can recreate the problem.

> PC

Cheers,
Magesh