ant-user mailing list archives

From "Hal Hildebrand \(web\)" <Hal.Hildebr...@hellblazer.com>
Subject How to avoid "Trying to override old definition of task"
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2002 17:45:32 GMT
In 1.5 Beta 2, I still have the annoyingly prodigious output when I run
my builds:

Trying to override old definition of task <some task name>

Perhaps someone can show me how to accomplish the following without
generating these messages.

The build has a common include file which defines the tasks used
throughout the build.  The annoying message comes about when one task
calls another task in the build that exists in another project.  Since
they are including the same common XML include file, they are all
attempting to define the same task definitions.

This seems like a natural thing to do for even reasonably complex builds
and certainly seems in line with best practices.

So the question I have is how to do this without provoking the annoying
warning of Ant when this kind of pattern is used?

I can get rid of the messages by modifying line 822 of Project to:
                    MSG_VERBOSE);

It would seem that when this use of includes to define common tasks
throughout the build will inevitably trigger these messages because the
classes will always be different.

Is there something that I'm missing with respect to best practices
regarding of common task definitions in multiple projects of a build?

Thanks

-Hal
______
All your data-base are belong to us