ant-user mailing list archives

From "Gordon Tyler" <gordon.ty...@sitraka.com>
Subject Re: Display -XXX tasks in -projecthelp result?
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:12:42 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>

> While the special character tricks are cute, and I've thought about using
> them myself on occasion, I don't think you can rely on them.  An IDE could
> invoke a target more directly through the API and bypass the command-line
> interpretation that prevents "-target" being invoked.
>
> So, it works if calling only from the command-line, but I'd be willing to
> bet that it does not work through IDE's with tight integration with Ant,
> such as perhaps NetBeans.??

The IntelliJ IDEA integration with Ant displays a list of the targets in the
selected Ant build file and greys out the ones with out descriptions. It
also has an option to filter out those targets entirely.

I don't see any benefit to adding some extra private indicator. No
description is a sufficient indicator that the target shouldn't be used
unless you know what you're doing.

Ciao,
Gordon