ant-user mailing list archives

From "ajack" <aj...@openbiz.biz>
Subject RE: 1.5beta2 - new problem with FTP task
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:02:35 GMT

	I got Ant1.5b2 and then the FTP task stopped working. It failed when it
	came to a directory that already exists, because it couldn't create the
	directory (humph!). Here's an excerpt from by buildfile:

I am new-ish to Ant, and happened to be using FTP for the first time with
Ant1.5b2. As such I don't know if this is bug or intentional.

Anyways I was forced to put this to get past the problem:

	      ignoreNoncriticalErrors="yes"

Here is what I had to do:

                        <taskdef name="ftp"
classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP"/>

                        <ftp    server="xxxx"
                                remotedir="drop/classes/${openbiz.part}"
                                userid="xxxx"
                                password="xxxx"
                                  action="mkdir"
                                        ignoreNoncriticalErrors="yes"
                                        />
                        <ftp    server="xxxxx"

remotedir="drop/classes/${openbiz.part}/${openbiz.version.string}"
                                userid="xxxx"
                                password="xxxx"
                                        action="mkdir"
                                        ignoreNoncriticalErrors="yes"
                                        />
                        <ftp    server="xxxxxx"

remotedir="drop/classes/${openbiz.part}/${openbiz.version.string}"
                                userid="xxxx"
                                password="xxxx"
                                binary="yes"

                        <fileset dir="${dist}/${openbiz.part}"/>
                        </ftp>

It seemed a bit clunky, but it worked.

regards

Adam