ant-user mailing list archives

From "ajack" <aj...@openbiz.biz>
Subject RE: MailLogger and Sound
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 20:33:10 GMT
	You can set them in your build file.  This is exactly what my example
	demonstrated (via <property file>). Also keep in mind you can load an
entire
	properties file at the command line too (-propertyfile).

	So it all works as it should, from all I can tell.  Feel free to provide an
	example that shows otherwise though.

When I attempted to do just this (write a small example) I found it did
work, and after trying the permutations of "wacky" things that could be
causing it, I (eventually) found my problem...

I have one uber script that calls ant on scripts in sub-directories. I use
an XML entity to "include" a set of re-usable tasks & properties into each
of these sub-directory (from the parent). The properties were in that
"included" file, but the primary (parent) Ant file was failing to include
it -- and (of course) it is that Ant that is instantiating the logger. I
couldn't see the wood for the trees...

Thanks for your help.

regards,

Adam