ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: javadoc problem with sets
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:56:18 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <edward@indeterminate.org>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: javadoc problem with sets

> Being new to this list, I apologize if this has been discussed before.
> But, it seems strange to me that the on-line documentation would have been
> switched to point to the docs for a beta.  Since the current release is
> still 1.4.1 shouldn't the sidebar link be to the 1.4.1 docs?  I realized
in
> looking back that the version number had changed on the splash page, but,
> frankly, had overlooked that when surfing the documents.  At the very
> least, shouldn't the link text or, possibly, the path indicate the doc
> version?  Thanks.

more to the point, shouldnt the docs say when stuff arrived, then it would
matter less.

As far as the developers are concerned, ant 1.5 beta-2 is the current
release, ant1.4.1 is last year's model. As long as we break nothing, cost of
upgrading for users is just time to (install,read about) the new version, so
why not upgrade.