ant-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@openbiz.biz>
Subject FTP Downloading
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 17:58:17 GMT
As I understand the ant 1.5 beta 3 documentation for FTP "Getting Files" the
following ought get all the JARs under my drop/ directory (up on the FTP
server) patching *-source.jar and place them in my local jars directory.

Although there are files there matching this (and please note the "latest"
are a symbolic links on the FTP server) I get "[ftp] 0 files retrieved"

            <ftp    action="get"
                    server="yyyyy"
                    remotedir="drop/"
                    userid="xxx"
                    password="xxx"
                    binary="yes"

                <fileset dir="jars">
                        <include name="**/latest/*-source.jar"/>
                </fileset>
            </ftp>

Running ANT with -debug I get :

	download:
	     [echo] Remote Directory : drop/
	      [ftp] Opening FTP connection to yyyyyy
	      [ftp] connected
	      [ftp] logging in to FTP server
	      [ftp] login succeeded
	      [ftp] changing the remote directory
	      [ftp] getting files
	fileset: Setup scanner in dir E:\data\build\jars with patternSet{ includes:
[**/latest/*-source.jar] excludes: [] }
	      [ftp] 0 files retrieved
	      [ftp] disconnecting

... which reads, to this lay person, as if the scanner is a local scanner
not a "remote" one. Perhaps it is just the way the message reads, but either
way -- zero files returned.

I tried removing the dir attribute on the fileset, to see if somehow it was
overriding the remote directory, and received

	E:\data\build\build.xml:20: the dir attribute must be set for send and get
actions
	        	at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP.transferFiles(FTP.java:485)

Am I miss reading the documentation, or the error/debug messages, and/or is
this task not working correctly -- or as I'd like? It is that the file scan
does not follow symbolic links?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Adam