ant-user mailing list archives

From "ajack" <aj...@openbiz.biz>
Subject RE: MailLogger and Sound
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 18:44:04 GMT
Thanks for your reply, you helped me find one mistake.

I tried:

1)	First, to insert these into my build file

				              	 <!-- set MailLogger properties -->
        <property name="MailLogger.mailhost"
value="dnobizimail1"/>
        <property name="MailLogger.from"
value="OpenBizAnt@openbiz.biz"/>
        <property name="MailLogger.failure.notify"      value="yes"/>
        <property name="MailLogger.success.notify"      value="yes"/>
        <property name="MailLogger.failure.to"  value="ajack@openbiz.biz"/>
        <property name="MailLogger.success.to"  value="ajack@openbiz.biz"/>

but I was told I was missing a MailLogger.from.

Note: The 'odd' only thing I do is I have this (along with my re-usable
scripts parts) included into my build.xml using an XML entity.

It seemed that MailLogger.from only seemed to be picked up from a -D set
parameters.

2) So I tried:

	ant -Dmaillogger.propertoes=mail.properties ...

With mail.properties:

MailLogger.mailhost=dnobizimail1
MailLogger.from=OpenBizAnt@openbiz.biz
MailLogger.failure.notify=yes
MailLogger.success.notify=yes
MailLogger.failure.to=ajack@openbiz.biz
MailLogger.success.to=ajack@openbiz.biz

Note: I *now* see I was missing the .file at the end of what I did. *** When
I put it correctly it works. ***

As such: user error.

The only thing that I'd prefer to see (assuming this isn't user error also)
is that I could set the properties (at least as defaults) in my build file.
It'd seem nice to be able to register a MailLogger on a build w/o having to
do it on the command line, but maybe that is some futures thing.

regards,

Adam