ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: jspc NullPointerException
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:37:27 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Jack" <ajack@openbiz.biz>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 12:24
Subject: RE: jspc NullPointerException

> Steve,
>
> Steve> there is a webinf param that should point to where web-inf lives,
> though
> Steve> jasper should work it out for itself.
>
> I tried adding webinf="${src}/WEB-INF" (and I tried web-inf) and got
> "attribute not supported by jspc", so .... I (now) assume you were saying
> they are parameters of the commandline JSPC.

oh, no, I was confused; use uriroot to show where the base of your webapp
is.

> FWIIW: The command line JSPC
> seems to "compile" (convert to Java, at least) one page okay with:

E:\data\OpenBiz\webadmin>F:\apps\apache\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.3\bin\jspc.bat -v
> 9 -d out -p com.openbiz.jsp -uriroot=wwwroot
> wwwroot\config\connections\index.jsp
>
>      [echo] Ant : Apache Ant version 1.5Beta3 compiled on June 22 2002
>
> Steve>can you post your <jspc> declaration?
>
> The only change to it from the first posting I made was the addition of
the
> uriroot attribute, but that was 'cos command line JSPC taught me I needed
it
> for some includes. At time of execution those properties are ${src}=.
> ${build}=F:/java/biuld ${openbiz.part}=webadmin, and project.class.path is
> set (and reasonably large).
>
> <jspc
>                                 srcdir="${src}"
>                                 destdir="${build}/${openbiz.part}"
>                                 package="com.openbiz.jsp"
>                                 verbose="9"
>                                 uriroot="${src}"
>                                 classpathref="project.class.path"
>                         >
>                         <include name="**/*.jsp" />
> </jspc>
>
> The WEB-INF directory is below here.

That should work. i say should, because it clearly doesnt.

One thing I will have to look at is classpath handling. You do not need TLD
implementations on the classpath, just the .tld files in /webinf or whatever
off uriroot.