ant-user mailing list archives

From "Hakan Koseoglu" <hakan.koseo...@pcmsdatafit.co.uk>
Subject Re: JAVA_HOME path problem in linux
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:36:05 GMT
Hi,

You can locate java (or any file) by the following command:
# find . -name java -print

If you installed an rpm file, you can try the following:

[root@bilbo root]# rpm -q -a|grep -i jdk
jdk-1.3.1_01-fcs
jdk-1.3.1_03-fcs

Well I seem to have both jdk1.3.1 version 01 and 03

Interestingly enough, Sun distributes JDK1.4 under a different package name
[root@bilbo root]# rpm -q -a |grep -i j2
j2sdk-1.4.0-fcs

Which gives which JDK package you loaded and the following nice command
shows any file belonging to that package.

[root@bilbo root]# rpm -q -l jdk-1.3.1_03-fcs
/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_03/COPYRIGHT
/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_03/LICENSE
/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_03/README
/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_03/README.html
/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_03/bin
/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_03/bin/.java_wrapper
/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_03/bin/ControlPanel
/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_03/bin/HtmlConverter
etc.

So now you know where java is. Then it is trivial to set JAVA_HOME (in the
case above, it is under /usr/java/jdk1.3.1_03 on my PC).

Hakan Koseoglu

PCMS Datafit Ltd.
3 Avro Court
Ermine Business Park
Huntingdon
Cambs PE29 6XS

Tel: +44-1480-435467
Fax: +44-1480-434012

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, the use of this information or any disclosure, copying or
distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

The views expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be the views of
The PCMS Group plc and should not be taken as authority to carry out any
instruction contained.