ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: Unsetting properties
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 05:01:31 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "STEELE Edwin" <>
To: "Ant List (E-mail)" <>
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 6:07 PM
Subject: Unsetting properties

> Hi,
> The if and unless attributes on tasks only check
> whether the a property has been set or not. It doesn't
> look like a task can have multiple properties to check
> in an if or unless attribute (unlike the depend attribute)

you are right, but you can use <condition> to set a complex property

> so I'm wondering whether there is any reason why an
> unsetProperty type task couldn't be implemented.

you could certainly try, I dont know if you would be able to unset a
property with the current API

> Is there an assumption that once a property is set, it
> will remain set?

well, pretty much, yeah. The rule is that once a property is set, you cant
change it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message