ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject RE: How do I force ant to fail?
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 16:34:04 GMT
Hmm... my impression from the Ant 1.4.1 manual was that <jvmarg> ends up as a -Dname=value
on the command line after java.exe (but obviously before whatever class is being called),
and <sysproperty>, to quote, "specify system properties required by the class."

Any of the Ant heavyweights want to weigh in on this?

>>> DDevienne@lgc.com 05/10/02 12:07PM >>>
<sysproperty> sets a Java system property (what appears as -Dname=value on
the java.exe command line), while <env> sets a system environment variable.
Not the same at all. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Adams [mailto:kadams@gfs.com]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:05 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: How do I force ant to fail?

As Steve pointed out, the online docs are now for Ant 1.5, beta 1 (I'm not
to happy about that move, though I understand the rational behind it).  If
you check the local documentation for your version of Ant (1.4, I believe?),
you'll see that there's a <sysproperty> nested element.  Give that a try.

Kyle

>>> nealm@bea.com 05/09/02 05:28PM >>>
Great suggestion. I tried:

<java classname="org.apache.tools.ant.Main" fork="yes" failonerror="yes">
  <arg line="-buildfile build.xml ${targetName}"/>
  <env key="JAVA_HOME" value="../build/jdk1.4"/>
  <classpath>
    <pathelement path="d:/proj/cajun/ant/lib/ant.jar"/>
  </classpath>
</java>

Except I get the following error:
D:\proj\cajun\unittest\build.xml:103: The <java> task doesn't support the
nested
 "env" element.

Though the docs say it can. So it looks like I'm back to the exec, because
the whole purpose is to set JAVA_HOME.