ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Re: MDB, Ant 1.4.1, and <ejbjar>
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 20:09:51 GMT
Alright, now we might be crossing into the realm of ant-dev, but what all would be involved
in hacking Ant 1.4.1 to support MDBs?  I know Ant 1.5 uses the BCEL to discover dependencies
in the various EJB classes, but in my limited understanding, one wouldn't need that robust
of introspection to support MDBs.  Is that correct?

Also, how stable is Ant 1.5, beta 1?  The project in question would be going into a production
environment at the end of June - will Ant 1.5 be ready to build production applications at
that time?

Just trying to evaluate our options for dealing with this problem.

Kyle

>>> jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com 05/09/02 02:50PM >>>
I'm sure it would cause problems and I never recommend anything like mixing
and matching JAR's like that.

You'll have to do some patching and rebuild Ant 1.4.1 plus that change to
get working then.

    Erik