ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: issue with the Mail task
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 06:34:39 GMT
On Tue, 7 May 2002, Suresh Mallampati <SMallampati@erac.com> wrote:

> looks like the property is evaluated and replaced by the value in
> the subject of the mail.  But its not evaluated in the message
> body.

Does the documentation claim it would?

There are a couple of tasks where properties get expanded inside
nested text and a couple of tasks where they are not expanded.  Now
that Steve has sanitized the property expanding code it is rather
unlikely that we'd break old builds when we add property expansion
where they didn't get expanded in the past (but still possible).

I wouldn't call it a bug but a very valid enhancement request 8-)

Stefan