ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANT on z/OS
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 12:59:23 GMT
Hi Michael,

I've just committed some changes to Ant's ANT_15 CVS branch.

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Michael Koegel
<Michael.Koegel@partner.commerzbank.com> wrote:

> z/OS is what I get for os.name. On older systems it will be OS/390.

OK, both will now eval to true in <os family="z/os" />.

> Perhaps it would be a good idea to guess that env is on the PATH as
> a last try before bailing out.

This is not quite possible with the current code as we have a single
method that returns the command to run depending on the OS and some
other code that executes it.  Trying to run env on non-Unix platforms
may result in something unexpected.

> I don't know how it behaves when run in batch mode, but I probably
> will have to find out soon.

This will be interesting.

> I'm going to switch to ANT 1.5 Beta today.

Unless you want to build Ant yourself, the changes that allow you to
deal with environment variables won't be there yet, you'll have to
wait for the next release.  Helping us to identify other potential
z/OS problems in 1.5beta1 would certainly be great.

Thanks

        Stefan