ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.5 - custom ant task create method not called.
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 15:48:11 GMT
On Tue, 14 May 2002, Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com>
wrote:

> Instead, it seems to have something to do with how
> my custom Ant task is populated by UnknownElement
> during the perform() processing.

It will only be populated by UnknownElement if your <taskdef> lives
inside a <target>.  Does it make any difference if you taskdef it as a
child of <project> (if possible).

> 3) The problem is that my createClasspath() method does
> not get called.

further below you say that it has been called.

> 5) During the *parse* of the build.xml file in the failing
> case, my createClasspath() method gets called just fine, as
> I have a log() statement in it. It's only when it gets around
> to *performing* my custom task that it doesn't get built
> properly.

createClasspath is supposed to be called only once, and this is during
parsing - but not if your task gets wrapped into an UnknownElement.

Stefan