ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <Property refid=> not working inside an ant task.
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 07:05:50 GMT
On Tue, 7 May 2002, John Gregg <john.gregg@techarch.com> wrote:

> I've included the patch here.

I know this is ant-user and not ant-dev, but as I don't know whether
you are subscribed to ant-dev, please forgive me that I'll be talking
about dev stuff now.

Your patch has the side effect that suddenly all references of the
calling projects would be defined inside the called project -
something we've given the user fine grained control over in 1.5 and
we'd destroy that control.

> though the owner of this taskdef

More than nit-picking: We don't have owners of any code, all is ours -
and yours BTW 8-).  Everybody is free to have at it.

> really needs to have a look at the code and think about why it works
> the way it does

It works that way because <property> nested into <ant> effectively is
a <property> task in the called project.  As the called project
doesn't know about the reference, it cannot resolve it.

The problem is solvable, but not the way you've done it.  I'll look
into it for 1.5beta2.

Stefan