ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANT on z/OS
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 10:06:29 GMT
On Tue, 7 May 2002, Michael Koegel
<Michael.Koegel@partner.commerzbank.com> wrote:

> What else would I have to change for z/OS? Which parts of ANT are
> system dependend?

We probably need to get the <os> condition give support for it in the
first place.

What does the system property os.name look like?

It seems Ant considers z/OS to be a Unix type system, this applies to
code that creates absolute paths or converts PATH like variables and
so on.  You may find that Ant needs adjustments here as well.

If you can give us the value of os.name, making Ant use /bin/env on
z/OS would be a trivial fix that we could put into the beta2 release
of Ant.

Stefan